- Wrap each beetroot loosely in tin foil and bake in the oven at 180°C for 50-60 minutes. Allow to cool, unwrap and peel.
- Chop the beetroot, cucumber, garlic and onion, put in a food processor and blend until finely chopped.
- Place all the liquid ingredients and the sugar in a large bowl and add the blended vegetables, stir until mixed. Season to taste. Cover the bowl with cling film and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- To pack the soup, pour into jam jars, add an ice cube to each one and screw on the lid.
2 Tennis Ball Sized Beetroot
1 Peeled Cucumber
2 Cloves Garlic
300ml Vegetable Stock
4tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 tsp Sugar
4tbsp Avocado Oil
Salt and Pepper
Julie Simpson creates some Beetroot Gazpacho ideal for a busy day
- words: Julie Simpson
- pictures: David Merewether
You may also like
Writer, blogger and homemaker Cherry Menlove will be demonstrating her baking and craft skills at the Chefs’ Theatre at Wealden Times Midsummer Fair’s Sew, Grow, Eat festival in June. Cherry has compiled a selection of her delicious recipes in her...
This really is one of the quickest and easiest recipes so ideal for feeding families easily and quickly during the holidays. Everything goes into one pan and comes with its own delicious gravy – for younger children I just serve...
This cake is a standby dessert in my home at any time of year – I just add whatever fruit is in season so it becomes apple and blackberry in autumn, raspberry and redcurrant in the summer and mincemeat and...