- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/400˚F/Gas mark 6. While the oven is heating up, chop your capers and parsley and place in a bowl with the washed spinach. Put some water on to boil.
- Cut your sweet potatoes into wedges and rub with the oil and season well with sea salt. Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, line an oven tray with parchment paper and brush lightly with olive oil. Lay the mackerel fillets skin side up on the paper and season the skin with a drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice. Place in the oven with the sweet potatoes for a further 8-10 minutes until the skin is crisp and the fish is cooked through.
- While the sweet potatoes and mackerel are cooking, your water will be boiling. Add the peas and edamame beans, cook for 2 minutes then drain off the water. Add the beans to the washed spinach, chopped capers, parsley and crème fraîche and mix.
- Serve alongside the mackerel and sweet potato wedges.
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
8 Fillets of Mackerel
4 Medium Sweet Potatoes (cut into wedges)
400g Frozen Peas
400g Baby Spinach
200g Edamame Beans
1/2 Packet of Chopped Parsley
4tbsp Crème Fraîche
Nicci Gurr creates a healthy and vibrant supper
- words: Nicci Gurr
- pictures: David Merewether
- styling: Lucy Fleming
You may also like
Alex has created adventurous yet achievable meals for the whole family to savour...
Julie Simpson creates a Vegetarian Lunch in a Jar
Following successful careers in ethical homewares and the restaurant industry, Kali Hamerton-Stove and Sarah Crysell have combined their passions for food, home design and Goudhurst to create Hamerton+Jones.