- Cut avocados in half lengthwise, and remove the stone. Scoop out the flesh, ensuring that the skins remain intact, and mash in a bowl with lemon juice, plenty of black pepper and the chopped chives.
- Slice the smoked salmon into thin ribbons and add to the avocado and lemon juice mixture.
- Fill each of the six halved avocado skins with the avocado and smoked salmon mixture. Re-assemble the avocados, putting the 2 halves back together, and wrap each avocado in cling film and chill in the fridge.
- To serve, separate the 3 avocados into halves and serve with sourdough toast.
3 Ripe Black-Skinned Hass Avocados
Juice of one Lemon
100g Smoked Salmon
6 Slices Toasted Sourdough Rye Bread
Julie Simpson creates some Smoked Salmon and Avocado Toasts
- words: Julie Simpson
- pictures: David Merewether
You may also like
Writer, blogger and homemaker Cherry Menlove will be demonstrating her baking and craft skills at the Chefs’ Theatre at Wealden Times Midsummer Fair’s Sew, Grow, Eat festival in June. Cherry has compiled a selection of her delicious recipes in her...
This really is one of the quickest and easiest recipes so ideal for feeding families easily and quickly during the holidays. Everything goes into one pan and comes with its own delicious gravy – for younger children I just serve...
This cake is a standby dessert in my home at any time of year – I just add whatever fruit is in season so it becomes apple and blackberry in autumn, raspberry and redcurrant in the summer and mincemeat and...