- Wrap each beetroot loosely in tin foil and bake in the oven at 180°C for 50-60 minutes. Allow to cool, unwrap and peel.
- Chop the beetroot, cucumber, garlic and onion, put in a food processor and blend until finely chopped.
- Place all the liquid ingredients and the sugar in a large bowl and add the blended vegetables, stir until mixed. Season to taste. Cover the bowl with cling film and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- To pack the soup, pour into jam jars, add an ice cube to each one and screw on the lid.
Cooking time: 55 minutes
2 Tennis Ball Sized Beetroot
1 Peeled Cucumber
2 Cloves Garlic
300ml Vegetable Stock
4tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 tsp Sugar
4tbsp Avocado Oil
Salt and Pepper
Julie Simpson creates some Beetroot Gazpacho ideal for a busy day
- words: Julie Simpson
- pictures: David Merewether
You may also like
Hannah Mills creates a light bite from her new book
It’s the season of soups and butternut loveliness; time to hunker down and cook for comfort and warmth. So let’s roast again, wrap things in pastry and sink blissfully into autumn…
Claire Forster and Sally Black set up their specialist food company Oast to Host to provide tasty and imaginative gluten- and wheat-free dishes that everyone can enjoy. Proud of their ‘gluten-free, wheat-free, but not an apology’ philosophy, here they share...