- Place the pork in a very large saucepan and cover with cold water. Add the peeled onions, 4 sticks of celery, star anise, carrots, coriander seeds, peppercorns and parsley.
- Bring up to the simmer and cook for 3 hours approximately. I allow 20 minutes per 500g. You can tell when the ham is cooked when the rind starts coming off easily.
- Remove the ham from the saucepan and allow to rest for one hour. Remove all the rind while the ham is still warm, leaving as much fat on as possible. Score the fat into diamond shapes by cutting long line one way then the other way. Put a clove into each diamond corner.
- Mix the brown sugar, honey and Dijon mustard and use a pastry brush to spread the mixture all over the ham.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven set at 180°C /Gas mark 4 for 25 minutes approximately or until caramelized. You will need to baste the ham every ten minutes, to get a good colour. Serve hot or cold with Cumberland Sauce.
- Place all the ingredients into a pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for one hour approximately on a low heat until a sticky sauce is thickened and ready to go. Leave the onion in, you do not need to strain the sauce.