- Cut avocados in half lengthwise, and remove the stone. Scoop out the flesh, ensuring that the skins remain intact, and mash in a bowl with lemon juice, plenty of black pepper and the chopped chives.
- Slice the smoked salmon into thin ribbons and add to the avocado and lemon juice mixture.
- Fill each of the six halved avocado skins with the avocado and smoked salmon mixture. Re-assemble the avocados, putting the 2 halves back together, and wrap each avocado in cling film and chill in the fridge.
- To serve, separate the 3 avocados into halves and serve with sourdough toast.
3 Ripe Black-Skinned Hass Avocados
Juice of one Lemon
100g Smoked Salmon
6 Slices Toasted Sourdough Rye Bread
Julie Simpson creates some Smoked Salmon and Avocado Toasts
- words: Julie Simpson
- pictures: David Merewether
You may also like
Rope in some extra help – this recipe is great for the kids to get messy with Method: Preheat your oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Oil and line a 2lb loaf cake tin. Put the bananas still in...
Method: Preheat oven to 160°C, fan140°C, gas 3. Oil and line an 8 inch spring form cake tin. Mix cinnamon, salt and brown sugar in a bowl and leave to one side. Add the lemon juice to the milk. Beat...
To make the crumble: Put all crumble ingredients into a bowl and rub until it resembles chunky breadcrumbs. To make the cake: Preheat your oven to 160°C, fan 140°C, gas 3. Oil and line 2 x 8 inch spring form...